Dear MICE Enthusiast,
We’ve been faced with the hard decision to postpone all our pending events till further notice.
These past months have been a challenging yet inspiring moment for all of us in the event and travel industry. Most importantly, it has been a period to catch a breath and re-evaluate our business objectives and the impact we make.
MICE Africa was originally conceived by Obinna Nwachuya as a B2B forum to facilitate Buyer-Supplier business across African destinations. Back then, it was known as the “Africa MICE Forums”.
Fast-forward a few events and deeper market research later, we quickly realized that the essentials needed to drive such a B2B agenda was far worse than we had earlier anticipated. From manpower to education to policy, the unique and largely diversified African MICE sphere is glaringly in need of much more than just another event.
There is a wide gap of opportunities to move the continent uphill from a struggling 3% on the over a trillion-dollar globally valued international business tourism market.
We have decided to pivot and make it our mission to inspire, engage and help destinations and service providers across Africa create better products for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions utilizing localized tools and resources.
Given the continent’s current foreign dependency and economic challenges, we cannot stop imagining what it could achieve with a little more than 3% of that market share.
Our Nearest Future
- Visibility: To help smaller and lesser-known destinations showcase their capabilities and attract business events.
- Community: Provide platforms where MICE professionals can expand their network and access across the continent.
- Reliable Insights: Coordinate research and collate quality MICE insights and data needed to make viable cases for policymaking.
- Better Products: Provide insights, data and studies to help MICE Professionals discover and build better client offerings.
- Meaningful Events: Unlike the old non-efficient trade fairs, host nomadic events across interesting African destinations with the potentials to learn and forge new bonds through authentic and immersive experiences.
- Opportunities and Support: Bridge the learning gaps with education, jobs, grants, ideas and best practices exchange opportunities.